Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Tag Questions!


Welcome to day one of the Twelve Day of Christmas blog party, hosted very kindly by Faith, who you can visit by clicking the link HERE!


1 // Christmas is the season of hope, joy, and light. What’s your favorite thing to make this season bright?

I like to sit by the tree sipping a hot cup of coffee while I journal in my bible!

2 // Reading of the Christmas story, lighting the tree – Which tradition is most special to you?

Both. It's important to remember to keep Christ at the center of Christmas, so that is why reading of the Christmas story is special to me. Yet, I love Christmas decorations oh-so-much, so that is why lighting the tree is special to me too!

3 // Festive old hymns or glorious new tunes – What are you listening to on repeat?

Oh goodness...well...

1. HOME FREE!!!!!!!!
2. A Hollens Family Christmas
3.  Point of Grace's Sing Noel CD *it's on every day at work, and I am addicted ;)*
4. A Walton's Family Christmas
5. A Country Christmas

4 // Fiction and nonfiction, classics and contemporary – Which Christmas books do you love so much that you just have to re-read every year?

Reading this question just reminded me of my resolution to "borrow" A Christmas Carol from my brother *scurries off*

5 // Trees and nativities, bells and bows – Do you have a favorite Christmas decoration?

The tree, hands down. I am always sad when we put it away for the year after the season.

6 // From the prophets to the gospels, the timeless story is woven. Which Bible passage that speaks of our Savior birth holds a special place in your heart?

Luke 1:26-38 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Gabriel Predicts Jesus’ Birth

26 In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, 27 to a virgin engaged to a man named Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And the angel came to her and said, “Rejoice, favored woman! The Lord is with you.”[a] 29 But she was deeply troubled by this statement, wondering what kind of greeting this could be. 30 Then the angel told her:

Do not be afraid, Mary,
for you have found favor with God.
31 Now listen:
You will conceive and give birth to a son,
and you will call His name Jesus.
32 He will be great
and will be called the Son of the Most High,
and the Lord God will give Him
the throne of His father David.
33 He will reign over the house of Jacob forever,
and His kingdom will have no end.
34 Mary asked the angel, “How can this be, since I have not been intimate with a man?”[b]

35 The angel replied to her:

“The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.
Therefore, the holy One to be born
will be called the Son of God.
36 And consider your relative Elizabeth—even she has conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month for her who was called childless. 37 For nothing will be impossible with God.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant," said Mary. “May it be done to me according to your word.” Then the angel left her.



7 // Glittery snowflakes and shimmering balls to angels and one-of-a-kind creations. Do you have a favorite tree ornament?

Favorite tree ornament??? Is there such a thing??? Pics are listed below of my favorites :D


This ornament is representation of an old historic theater I have in my town. Plus, it is the same theater I just happened to see my first Home Free concert at. Therefore, this ornament kind of has double meaning for me both for my love of history and my love of Home Free!


My "Pablo" ornament. My parents bought this for me a few years ago as it looked like the horse I love and ride, whose name is of course, Pablo. :D



I was gifted this one last year by a friend! I love this because it represents my favorite Home Free singer, bassman Tim Foust. It is in fact, signed. Plus it has a lyric to one of my favorite Home Free songs on the back, Everything Will be Okay!


My all time favorite movie villain. Enough said :D



I love this ornament first and foremost for my love of studying the American Civil War, then for what it stands for in this day and age.


8 // Red and green, silver and gold, even purple and blue! What's your favorite color scheme this time of year?

Good ol' fashioned red and green for me.

9 // Between the old and the new, the classics and the cartoons, which Christmas movie do you come back to year after year?

Oh goodness... so in no particular order ;)

1. Both Home Alone's 1&2
2. Christmas Vacation
3. Christmas with the Kranks
4. Holiday in Handcuffs
5. White Christmas
6. Holiday Inn
7. A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart
8. All three Narnia movies (there is just something about those movies around Christmas in particular that makes them really special :D )
9.  A Charlie Brown Christmas
10. The Santa Claus
11. Christmas Eve
12. The Polar Express

10 // Pies and cakes, cookies and sweets. What's your favorite Christmas treats?

A good peppermint mocha on a cold winter day is my favorite Christmas treat!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, another person who did the tag! Great answers and can't wait to see more 12DoC from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is so fun! :D I really enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tag, Emily! :D Thanks for joining the party a second year! :)

    ReplyDelete